Quick update to show what I’ve been doing. I have built an accelerator which is immensly usefull, as before the engine was running at full throttle or nothing.
At the moment it is just a stick with some wire tied to it and the throttle, the bolt at the bottom is to allow some adjustment so it remains ridgid and doesnt move when the engine is vibrating, but also loose enough that I can move it.
Also I have been struggling trying to get the power away from under the engine, and change the angle, I have finally got something working, its quite inefficient but it works.
Now I can use the shaft to drive something else, I might put something directly on here, or gear it down to give me more power.